For over 40 years, outreach workers and Monitor Advocates have provided important support to farmworkers and employers throughout America.
The Monitor Advocate System is a federal/state monitoring system that ensures migrant and seasonal farmworkers (MSFW) have equitable access to career services, skill development, and workforce protections offered by American Job Centers (AJC), so they may improve their living and working conditions.
The National Monitor Advocate Team has provided this series of resources to help new and existing National, Regional, and State Monitor Advocates gain a thorough understanding of the Monitor Advocate System and their respective roles.
These resources will allow you to:
- Register at WorkforceGPS to access training tools and resources on the Agricultural Connection.You will need to be registered in WorkforceGPS to register for future MA System webinars.
- Browse the Monitor Advocate System Overview. Here you will review the Monitor Advocate System website, learn pertinent background information about the Judge Richey Court Order, and view the WorkforceGPS Agricultural Connection training modules.
- Get to know the Regulations and Guidance. This resource provides information on pertinent regulations and instructions on how to navigate the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR). In addition, you will find information on Training and Employment Guidance Letters (TEGLs), Training and Employment Notices (TENs), and bonus reading.
- Review the State Monitor Advocate System resource. Here you will review Agricultural Outreach Plans, State Review Reports, Partnerships, Complaint System, Agricultural Recruitment System information, and more.
- Orient yourself with the Monitor Advocates Meetings resource for important meetings. Held quarterly, monthly, and other regular meetings are hosted by the National Office and the Regional Monitor Advocates (RMAs).
Labor Exchange Agricultural Reporting System (LEARS) reports are due 45 days after the end of the quarter. You will need to submit these reports through EBSS. Contact the National Monitor Advocate to receive a pin and password. A member of the National Monitor Advocate team will send you a copy of the EBSS users’ guide.
- Complaint System One-Pager
- Monitor Advocate System One-pager
- Monitor Advocate System Acronym Glossary
- Part I –Disaster Preparedness and Response: Serving Farmworkers
- Part II – Disaster Preparedness and Response: Serving Farmworkers
Points of Contact