This page provides information on the pertinent regulations and how to navigate the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR). In addition, find information on TEGLs and TENs, and bonus reading.
- Get to know the pertinent regulations. How to navigate the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR):
- In your browser type www.eCFR.gov
- In the dropdown menu, select Title 20 and click Go
- To find the regulations at 651, 653, or 654, select 600-656. Then scroll down and select 651 for definitions, 653 for Services to MSFWs (including State Workforce Agency and State Monitor Advocate responsibilities, Outreach and Agricultural Outreach Plan) and the Agricultural Recruitment System regulations, or 654 for the ETA housing regulations1.
- To find the regulations at 658, select 657-699, then select 658 for information on the Complaint System, Discontinuation of Services, and Regional and National Office responsibilities.
- Bookmark the regulation page. That way, you can easily access them with one click.
- To find what you seek in the regulation, click Ctl+F and type in a key word. This will show you where on the page the word appears and make it easier to find a specific regulation.
- TEGLs and TENs
- TEGL 09-12 Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000
- TEGL 14-18 Aligning Performance Accountability Reporting, Definitions, and Policies Across Workforce Employment and Training Programs Administered by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- TEN 20-17 Communication Plan for Designation of Significant Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker (MSFW) States, Significant MSFW One-Stop Centers, and Significant Multilingual MSFW One-Stop Centers.
- TEGL 20-16 Designation of Significant Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker States, Significant MSFW One-stop Centers, and Significant Multilingual MSFW One-stop Centers. This TEGL provides guidance on the responsibilities of SWAs in serving MSFWs and the responsibilities of the designated significant MSFW states, one-stop centers, and multilingual one-stop centers. Also contains guidance on performance measures.
- Bonus reading:
- Preamble – The regulations were updated in 2016 as a result of the passing of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). To understand why the regulations are written as they are, or want greater clarification, read the preamble text for 20 CFR 651 (p.56254), 653 (p.56270), 654 (p.56280), and 658 (p.56281).
1 Generally, houses constructed on or before April 3, 1980 must adhere to the ETA Housing Standards at 20 CFR 654. Housing constructed after April 3, 1980 must adhere to the OSHA standards at 29 CFR 1910.142.